by Tony Dayoub
As Cinema Viewfinder quickly approaches its second anniversary, I am gratified that two writers which I respect have chosen to acknowledge this blog along with others of a level of quality I can only aspire to.
First, Joel Bocko (aka MovieMan0283), one of this blog's oldest and most frequent commenters, has highlighted the best blog posts of 2009 (as selected by their authors) at his own site, The Dancing Image. What makes this truly special is I am one of only three writers whose best work is selected by Joel himself. Go here to find out which post he selected.
Second, I am honored that Bill Ryan, whom I initially met as a fellow commenter on my favorite film blog Some Came Running, has presented me with the Kreativ Blogger award over at his own site, The Kind of Face You Hate. This prize has strings attached:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
I did so at your site, but publicly, Thank you, Bill!
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
1. Spanish was my first language.
2. Spanglish is my language of choice when I'm back home in Miami.
3. I really do curse like Ricky Ricardo when my wife does some crazy thin', "Pero mira que esta mujer saca a uno de quicio."
4. When I was younger, I used to think I looked like Steve Austin (Lee Majors) of The Six Million Dollar Man. Of course, he is a rugged, fair-haired, blue-eyed man of some stature. And I was a dark, brown-eyed skinny weakling with big ears. The running in slow-motion during recess didn't help.
5. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of Star Trek and David Lynch's work. Neither has really been of any use so far.
6. I am a great cook.
7. I've had the good fortune of meeting most of my heroes: Chris Isaak, Glenn Kenny, David Lynch, and William Shatner (I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to all be lumped together in this group). Only one left? BRUUUUUUCE!
5. Nominate 7 Kreative Bloggers.
Jason Bellamy at The Cooler
Joel Bocko at The Sun's Not Yellow
Jim Emerson at Scanners
Farran, the Siren at Self-Styled Siren
Ryan Kelly at Medfly Quarantine
Larry, That Little Round-Headed Boy at TLRHB
Jeremy Richey at Moon in the Gutter
If I didn't mention you, it's probably because you've already been nominated.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
I'm going to refrain from doing so, since I hate making people feel obligated to follow up on these memes. Instead, I encourage you to visit the blogs I've highlighted here since they are the ones which most inspire me.