by Tony Dayoub
I just saw Jane Campion's beautiful and tragic romance, Bright Star, the story of poet John Keats' (Ben Whishaw) love affair with his young muse, Fanny Brawne (Abbie Cornish). My review should be posted here tomorrow. Right now, I have three official soundtracks to give away to the first three readers who can answer the following question correctly. But first, the rules:
The following rules apply:
1. Your full name and mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) MUST be included with your entry. (This is necessary to notify the winner, and to arrange shipping of the prizes. Specific mailing address information will be kept confidential.)
2. Please write BRIGHT STAR in the subject line of your email.
3. Both parts of the question must be answered correctly.
4. Only ONE entry per person please!
5. The giveaway is only open to readers who reside in the continental U.S.
6. Family and friends of Cinema Viewfinder's staff are not eligible.
Entries will be accepted until 8:30 a.m. Eastern time, tomorrow, November 4th, and the winners will be notified later that evening. Please allow 2-3 weeks for prize delivery.
All entries MUST be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
And now, the Question:
What NBC sitcom actor costars in Bright Star, and who does he/she play in the film?
Update: We have our three winners, and they are... Amanda Chavez, Kevin Longrie, and Tracy Tanoff. The correct answer is:
Paul Schneider (NBC's Parks and Recreation) who plays Charles Armitage Brown.
Many of you answered only part of the question. I was looking for the actor's name and the character's name (I was extremely liberal here, since he is often referred to simply as "Mr. Brown" in the film).
Thank you to everyone who participated, and stay tuned to this site for more contests like this in the future.