by Tony Dayoub
A Star is Born is available for the first time ever on Blu-ray Tuesday, 6/22, and I should have a review up by Monday. Also available Tuesday on DVD, On Demand, and for Download, I have one copy of the Deluxe Edition 2-Disc DVD available to give away (courtesy of Warner Home Video) to the first person who can answer the following two-part question correctly. But first, the rules:
The following rules apply:
1. Your full name and mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) MUST be included with your entry. (This is necessary to notify the winner, and to arrange shipping of the prizes. Specific mailing address information will be kept confidential.)
2. Please write STAR in the subject line of your email.
3. Both parts of the question must be answered correctly.
4. Only ONE entry per person please!
5. The giveaway is open only to readers who reside in the continental U.S.
6. Relatives of Cinema Viewfinder's staff are not eligible to participate.
Entries will be accepted until 5 p.m. Eastern time, today, June 18th, and the winner will be notified later this evening.
All entries MUST be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
And now, the Question:
Though expected to win the Best Actress Oscar for A Star is Born,—her comeback film—Judy Garland lost.
a) The actress who won the Academy Award;
b) The film for which she won it.
Update: And the winner is Robert J. Waters. The correct answers are:
a) Grace Kelly
b) The Country Girl
Thank you to everyone who participated, and stay tuned to this site for more contests like this in the future.